[R-sig-Debian] Unable to install R 3.1.2 on Debian:Testing

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jan 18 21:14:28 CET 2015

Hi Johannes,

On 18 January 2015 at 20:47, Johannes Ranke wrote:
| At the moment you are on your own with R 3.1.2 on jessie. The easiest safe bet in my opinion
| would be to install from the Debian sources in unstable, i.e. add a deb-src entry for unstable
| to your sources.list, do an apt-get build-dep r-base and then apt-get source --build r-base
| and install the packages with dpkg.

Ok. I will set up a new toolchain for testing then. We need this for Rocker
all the time---eg I just put something marvelous into littler which I need in
Rocker, yet Debian is frozen with no timeline for release. And it is silly
for us to keep rebuilding all these things when building containers.

The three of us should (will !!) work something out that will allow us proper
testing support via CRAN, which we can fold into your existing mirror
structure.  Plan?

Cheers, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org