[R-sig-Debian] Having both R-current and R-devel installed on Ubuntu

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:14:21 CEST 2015

Hi Dirk,
I too would need to get R-devel on my Ubuntu box (alongside an
existing R installation) to check my packages, especially given the
mayhem that awaits us when the new `R CMD check --as-cran` goes live.
( http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/doc/html/NEWS.html )

I was wondering if the script that you posted on r-sig-debian a couple
years back was still valid. More however, I'd like to know if you ever
considered/worked on putting this script into proper 'debian'
packaging instructions? If such existed, it would be easy enough to
mirror the R repo on Launchpad and then provide daily builds of
r-devel on a PPA (in view of independent installation from stable R
packages).

Any ideas on this? Regards,
Liviu