[R-sig-Debian] difference between install from source and install from repositories

Pratibha Rana prana at Vertica.com
Thu Sep 18 19:01:39 CEST 2014

While installing from sources I used the configure options from
/etc/R/makeconf and that solved my problem. I do think that the problem
was due to the R installation because on both the setups I installed
Rcpp and RInside from the sources and it works properly on the one where
R is installed from repositories and crashes on the other. I'll
definitely post this on Rcpp-devel.

Another thing, the issue is reproducible on multiple machines. I tried
it on three different machines to make sure that its not my local setup.
One was Ubuntu 14.04, and the other two were centOS 6.5.

Pratibha