[R-sig-Debian] Latest version of R from CRAN for utopic (14.10)

Seb R seb44550 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 09:48:55 CET 2014

Hi,
I am not in a hurry, but I would like to upgrade my ubuntu to utopic.
However, for now, the latest version of R that can be installed from CRAN
mirrors is not available for utopic.
Indeed, I am not sure I understand this sentence :

> UBUNTU PACKAGES FOR R
> R packages for Ubuntu on i386 and amd64 are available for all stable
> Desktop releases of Ubuntu until their official end of life date. However,
> only the latest Long Term Support (LTS) release is fully supported. As of
> October 17, 2013, the supported releases are Trusty Tahr (14.04), Precise
> Pangolin (12.04; LTS), and Lucid Lynx (10.04; LTS).

Does this mean that from now only LTS version will get the latest version
of R, or the non-LTS will be partially supported ?
If, as I think I understand, non-LTS can also get latest R, is there any
schedule for utopic ?
I don't have any idea of how long and complicated it is for you developpers
to make it available after, I suppose, a stability testing period...
Thank you