[R-sig-Debian] BLAS/LAPACK routine 'DLASCL' gave error code -4 in liblapack3 Version 3.5.0

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Tue Dec 16 14:45:42 CET 2014

Dear Madlene,

while this list serves as a forum for discussions about R backports present on
CRAN, this would be something preferably filed in the Debian bug tracking
system bts.debian.org - could you file a bug there? But please don't ask me on
which package - maybe Dirk has a good answer to that one...

Cheers,

Johannes

P.S.: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Am Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2014, 13:10:15 schrieb Nussbaum  Madlene:
> Dear all
>
> Some computations gave a matrix. The single value decomposition of it worked
> fine previously, after an system upgrade I get the following error: -----
>
> > La.svd(x,256,256)
>
> Error in La.svd(x, nu, nv) :
>   BLAS/LAPACK routine 'DLASCL' gave error code -4
> -----
> Erroneous Matrix:
> ftp://usys-ftp.ethz.ch/ITES/STEP/nussbaum/R/matrix-lapack-error4.RData
> /.csv Operating System: Debian 8
> Previous version:    liblapack3   3.4.1 (running without error)
> New version:          liblapack3   3.5.0-4 (gives error above)
> How do I track down this error code?
> Is this a bug in liblapack3 or what did change?
> Thank you!
> M. Nussbaum
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

PD Dr. Johannes Ranke