[R-sig-Debian] BLAS/LAPACK routine 'DLASCL' gave error code -4 in liblapack3 Version 3.5.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 16 14:35:09 CET 2014

Hi Madlene,

On 16 December 2014 at 13:10, Nussbaum  Madlene wrote:

| Dear all
|
| Some computations gave a matrix. The single value decomposition of it worked fine previously, after an system upgrade I get the following error:
| -----
| > La.svd(x,256,256)
| Error in La.svd(x, nu, nv) :
|   BLAS/LAPACK routine 'DLASCL' gave error code -4
| -----
| Erroneous Matrix: ftp://usys-ftp.ethz.ch/ITES/STEP/nussbaum/R/matrix-lapack-error4.RData /.csv
| Operating System: Debian 8
| Previous version:    liblapack3   3.4.1 (running without error)
| New version:          liblapack3   3.5.0-4 (gives error above)
| How do I track down this error code?
| Is this a bug in liblapack3 or what did change?

Might be best to talk to the maintainer(s) of liblapack3, who may or may not
be conversant in R so a reproducible example in just C may help.

I just checked https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=lapack and 3.5.0-4
is the most recent version.

In the meantime you can of course also try switching to Atlas or OpenBLAS and
see how your matrix does there.

Dirk