[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu 13.10 - not able to upgrade R

claude krzisch krzisch.claude at orange.fr
Sun Apr 20 23:50:11 CEST 2014

Hi
I work with Ubuntu (now trusty) and I have a problem related, I presume,
to the upgrade of R : I am unable to download some packages I relied
heavily on previously as "date","survival" ... I tried to upgrade my
packages without any success always with the same message : the package
has been compiled before R 3.0.3, please recompile it. It is the first
time that I have this type of problem and I don't know how to respond to
it. Must I download the source package and compile it ? And how may I do
it ?

Thank you for your help

CK