[R-sig-Debian] Can't install R 2.15 and r-recommended on Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 7 16:12:29 CET 2013

On 7 November 2013 at 15:02, Kirill Müller wrote:
| On 11/07/2013 02:52 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > What does, say, 'apt-cache policy r-recommended' say?
| It aims at installing the most recent version, I guess. I have fired up

Let me try again: when you run 'apt-cache policy r-recommended', does it show
you a version 2.15, and if so, does it have the particular version.release
you specified?  If it exists, you need to work with apt documentation to see
how to override the preference for a different (higher) version.

It should work in theory as you showed, but I a) never had a need for that
and never done it and b) don't know anybody else who did.