[R-sig-Debian] R 3 and Debian Testing

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 7 18:53:32 CEST 2013

On 7 May 2013 at 18:33, Lorenzo Isella wrote:
| Dear All,
| I am using Debian testing on multiple machine machines at home.
| This is my source list
|
|   deb http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
|   deb-src http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
|
|   deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
|   deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
|
| So, my repositories always point to the latest Debian testing, even now
| after the new release of Debian 7.
| I am wondering if, after the new release of Debian 7, R 3 will become
| routinely available to me, without the need to add any specific repository.

The repository mirrored at every CRAN mirror with base page at

    http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/

has been at your disposal for at least half a decade.  Thanks to Johannes, R
3.0.0 is only one apt-get update away, and so will R 3.0.1 come May 16 (plus
a few days for compiling and mirroring) just like dozens of releases before
this one.