[R-sig-Debian] configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available

Srinivasan, Sathish K SSrinivasan at med.miami.edu
Fri Mar 22 18:22:30 CET 2013

Hi Tim,
It works!

I did these steps in order to build the r-base dependencies and compile the source code.

su
apt-get build-dep r-base
./configure --prefix=/opt/R2.15.3
make
make install

build-dep is a nice feature of debian apt-get management utility. The manual for apt-get gives a concise description of the build-dep option.

Thanks a ton!

-Sathish