[R-sig-Debian] revolution mkl with R 3.01 on Ubuntu 13.04

Elizabeth Tighe tighe at brandeis.edu
Fri Jul 19 00:03:08 CEST 2013

So I have two Dell power-edge machines running latest Ubuntu (13.04)
with latest version of R (3.01).  I installed revolution-mkl on one
machine (T-410) and it works fine.  On the second machine (T-620), it
says the latest version of revolution-mkl is installed, but I'm getting
no multi-processor functioning (R-benchmark-25.R) runs on a single
processor and takes same amount of time before and after installing.

Both machines I've installed using simple sudo apt-get install r-base
r-base-dev and same for revolution-mkl

Anyone have any tips for debugging, figuring out why it's not working on
the second machine?  Is there a way to get R to find the mkl libraries
without reinstalling from scratch from source code?

Any insights anyone out there might have would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Liz