[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu cran2deb PPA

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Mon Feb 11 19:59:57 CET 2013

Dear Don,

Good to hear that the Debian R Package Archive is up to date! I wasn't
using it because last time I checked, there was still many packages missing
(at least packages useful to me). But that was a long time ago. Following
this discussion, I just upgraded, and almost every package I need from CRAN
is now present and up to date! The installation takes less time than it
needs to say it, it all worked like a charm!

Now, if this is an appropriate place for such request, I'd like to add the
rgeos package [1] to the two already mentioned by Tim. I also have problems
to install rgdal and sqlitemap, which are listed in the Debian R Package
Archive [2,3], but were unavailable to me through aptitude -- maybe an
architecture issue? Both rgeos and rgdal have somewhat complicated
dependencies... Here is my system info:

$ cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 \n \l

$ head /proc/version
Linux version 3.2.0-4-amd64 (debian-kernel at lists.debian.org) (gcc version
4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-14) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.2.35-2

Please let me know if any more information is needed, and thanks for this
great work!

Sincerely,
Mathieu.

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rgeos/index.html

[2] http://debian-r.debian.net/pool/main/r/r-cran-rgdal/

[3] http://debian-r.debian.net/pool/main/r/r-cran-sqlitemap/

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard