[R-sig-Debian] Regarding installation of Raring Ringtail (13.04) (UBUNTU PACKAGE FOR R)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 6 13:47:47 CET 2013

On 6 December 2013 at 11:24, Manju lata wrote:
| Dear Sir
|
| Can't find /etc/apt/sources.list file please help.
|
| When I tried the command on terminal some errors has occurred as follows-
| manjulata at manjulata-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/ndnSIM$ deb
| http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cran/bin/linux/ubuntu raring/
| No command 'deb' found, did you mean:
|  Command 'dab' from package 'bsdgames' (universe)
|  Command 'dwb' from package 'dwb' (universe)
|  Command 'debc' from package 'devscripts' (main)
|  Command 'debi' from package 'devscripts' (main)
|  Command 'derb' from package 'libicu-dev' (main)
|  Command 'xdeb' from package 'xdeb' (universe)
| deb: command not found

Well

   deb http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cran/bin/linux/ubuntu raring/

is not a command, but a line you add to a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d

You may need to re-read the README from which you copied that line, and try
to consult with a local Debian or Ubuntu user for these first step. Some
on-line tutorials or books on Debian or Ubuntu may help too.

Cheers, Dirk