[R-sig-Debian] Regarding installation of Raring Ringtail (13.04) (UBUNTU PACKAGE FOR R)

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Fri Dec 6 13:09:36 CET 2013

Hi,

Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013, 06:54:27 schrieb Manju lata:
> Dear Sir
>
> Can't find /etc/apt/sources.list file please help.

On the command line, try

ls -l /etc/apt/sources.list

You will most probably get some information on the permissions, the file owner
(root), the file size and when it was last changed.

Please consult your system documentation or maybe the Ubuntu wiki for
information on how to add a third party repository to your system.

Johannes

> When I tried the command on terminal some errors has occurred as follows-
> manjulata at manjulata-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/ndnSIM$ deb
> http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cran/bin/linux/ubuntu raring/
> No command 'deb' found, did you mean:
>  Command 'dab' from package 'bsdgames' (universe)
>  Command 'dwb' from package 'dwb' (universe)
>  Command 'debc' from package 'devscripts' (main)
>  Command 'debi' from package 'devscripts' (main)
>  Command 'derb' from package 'libicu-dev' (main)
>  Command 'xdeb' from package 'xdeb' (universe)
> deb: command not found
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Manjulata
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]