[R-sig-Debian] R 3.0.0 and Raring Ringtail (Ubuntu 13.04)

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Apr 30 03:44:00 CEST 2013

New .deb packages for R 3.0.0 on Raring Ringtail (13.04) are available
on both [CRAN](http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/) and my
[Launchpad PPA](https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/rrutter).  Some
notes for this release.

- The initial build for Raring Ringtail did not come with Tcl/Tk being
supported.  This issue has been addressed and the current release
supports Tcl/Tk.

- Due to a small configuration error on my server, the amd64 packages
for Raring Ringtail did not sync to CRAN.  This has been fixed and the
64-bit packages should be available soon on a CRAN mirror near you.

- As has been previously discussed, R 3.0.0 requires that all packages
be rebuilt against it. Therefore, all the r-cran-* packages found in the
Ubuntu universe repository will not work with R 3.0.0.  In an effort to
rectify this, I have rebuilt a number of those packages against R 3.0.0
and they can be found at the [RRutter
PPA](https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/rrutter), but not CRAN.  I
am still having issues with a couple of packages, but I am working on those.

- R 3.0.0 is still available for older Ubuntu releases on my [RDev
PPA](https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/rdev).  The plan is to
upgrade Lucid, Precise, and Quantal this Friday evening (May 3rd, 2013)
as well as many of the r-cran-* packages available in universe.  If you
do not want to upgrade to R 3.0.0, please remove the appropriate
repository from you sources list.

--
Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science