[R-sig-Debian] How to upgrade from 2.15.1 to 2.15.1 patched?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Sep 24 18:47:00 CEST 2012

On 24 September 2012 at 17:03, Rainer M Krug wrote:

| On 24/09/12 16:23, Paul Johnson wrote:
| > Gosh, I hope I'm not out of date on this.  I think there is no "deb" packaged version of
| > R-patched. The patched version comes out very often, and they don't intend it to go into the
| > packaging based distributions. It is still in testing, you know.
|
| I also don't think that there is a deb available, but I have self-compile R along with deb R and
| never had problems - you don't have to install R to run it, just do the usual:
|
| ./configure
| make

You can do /much/ better than the default configure.

For local builds of eg R-devel (straight off SVN) I have a script which was
posted here not so long ago, and Michael also posted it on his new-ish
blog. You can trivially substitute R-patched for R-devel.

Now, if someone __really__ wants or needs R-patched packaged, we could
conceivably look into this (re-)using the launchpad infrastructure. I won't
have time to drive this in the near future, and I presume Michael has more
pressing issues too, but we are generally happy to help others.

Dirk