[R-sig-Debian] Flame fuss with chuckles the clown over R2.13.1

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Thu Jul 19 17:33:44 CEST 2012

I have a bunch of VirtualBox VMs, including an Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric).

After putting in the apt line from the CRAN page on linux downloads (I also added the
secure key), an update/upgrade got me R 2.15.1 OK. I felt it sensible to check that things
did indeed work. VMs are a good way to do this without messing up production.

I suspect chuckles still has some typo in his apt sources, or else has some permission set
that stops the upgrade. While these things happen (and I've one unrelated to R right now
on a server that refuses to run phpmyadmin), I've found the only way to get help is to be
patient, polite, and very, very diligent in checking things.

JN