[R-sig-Debian] R-scripts as executables for debian

Michel Kuhlmann michel.kuhlmann at tkconsult.ch
Thu Jan 19 15:39:43 CET 2012

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to make executable R-scripts -- which are bound to
a certain package -- available to the operating system's search path.
The executable R-scripts I put in the package's 'exec' directory.

Different solutions have come to my mind:
    o 'configure'-script copies the files to /usr/local/bin
    o make a 'require'-shell function which adds
      '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/<pkg>/exec' dynamically to $PATH
    o generate a debian-package which contains separately the
      executables.

Thank you for any suggestions or pointers,
Michel