[R-sig-Debian] cannot find -lquadmath

Peter Muhlberger pmuhl1848 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 18:11:51 CET 2012

Hi Dirk:

What would commenting out  -lquadmath in  /etc/R/Makeconf do?  If a
package, such as Hmisc, requires it, wouldn't that prevent compiling
or does the compiler then do more of a search for the library at that
point?

I wonder if I could have prevented this problem by pulling in a newer
version of R from backports rather than sid?

Peter