[R-sig-Debian] package ‘Design’ is not av ailable (for R version 2.15.2)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 14 00:22:44 CET 2012

On 13 December 2012 at 21:31, Biau David wrote:

| Dear all,
|
| i have re-installed Debian on my computer and for some reason I cannot install some packages anymore using the install.package command from the R console. Some packages I can, and some I cannot (Design for instance)
|
| this is what I get:
|
| > install.packages('Design')
| Installing package(s) into ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
| (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
| --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
| Warning message:
| package ‘Design’ is not available (for R version 2.15.2)
|

| Any idea why and how to sort the problem?

Please see:

       http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Design/index.html

which is standard boilerplate for removed packages.  In this case, either one
of

	sudo apt-get install r-cran-rms

or

        install.packages("rms")

will do the trick as Frank Harrell's "rms" package replaced his "Design"
package several years ago.

Hth,  Dirk