[R-sig-Debian] package ‘Design’ is not available (for R version 2.15.2)

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Thu Dec 13 23:40:07 CET 2012

Dear David,

I'm afraid it's not a Debian problem, but instead a Design problem. As you
can see here [1]: "Package ‘Design’ was removed from the CRAN repository."
As a matter of fact, it has been replaced, many years ago, by the package
'rms'. See changes here [2]. Was it the only package with problem? If yes,
problem solved :)

Best,
Mathieu.

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Design/index.html

[2] http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/Rrms

Le 13/12/2012 16:31, Biau David a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> i have re-installed Debian on my computer and for some reason I cannot install some packages anymore using the install.package command from the R console. Some packages I can, and some I cannot (Design for instance)
>
> this is what I get:
>
>> install.packages('Design')
> Installing package(s) into ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Warning message:
> package ‘Design’ is not available (for R version 2.15.2)
>

> Any idea why and how to sort the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>

> David Biau
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard