[R-sig-Debian] Having both R-current and R-devel installed on Ubuntu

Søren Højsgaard sorenh at math.aau.dk
Wed Aug 8 22:38:05 CEST 2012

Dear List,

Having used R on Windows for years, I have recently installed Ubuntu as a virtual machine. I admit that I am quite new to the linux world.

Installing R (current version = 2.15.1) went smoothly, but I would like to have both the current version of R and R-devel installed. I've searched the net for info on doing this but so far without luck.

Can anyone help me getting this up and running?

A related question: How do I upgrade the current version of R to the patched versions?

Best regards
Søren Højsgaard