[R-sig-Debian] Upgrading R on my EEE PC netbook

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Wed Nov 30 16:51:30 CET 2011

I don't know how committed you are to the Xandros interface. I am friends with some of the
people who built that distro here in Ottawa. They did a good job, but the distro is now
dead, and they don't use it themselves any more, so you will definitely be on your own.

For what it is worth, I've found R runs very nicely on the Eee's using CrunchBang linux,
which is a debian squeeze variant. I can use the R debian packages.

Best, JN