[R-sig-Debian] tkrplot does not install

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Nov 6 19:12:08 CET 2011

On 6 November 2011 at 09:55, Stefan Th. Gries wrote:
| > No you were missing the fact that we provide this precompiled for you.
| All I can say is that it worked with a simple install.packages only
| after I installed tcl8.5-dev so I am not sure what your last comment
| is supposed to tell me but thx anyway!

Allow me to self-quote:

    From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>
    To: "Stefan Th. Gries" <stgries at gmail.com>
    Cc: r-sig-debian at r-project.org
    Subject: Re: [R-sig-Debian] tkrplot does not install
    Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:32:11 -0600

    You'd be better off first checking if the package exists, as it does here:

      sudo apt-get install r-cran-tkrplot

    which will get you tkrplot pre-built. Doesn't get much easier.
    [...]

But if you didn't grok that that 90 minutes ago, I am probably still wasting
a few bits in vain with this.

Oh well , "l'espoir fait vivre."  Maybe it'll help someone else.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx