[R-sig-Debian] translation from windows to linux

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed May 11 01:21:48 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 23:02 +0000, Christoph Knapp wrote:
> Hi all,
> I started recently to use R with linux(ubuntu) but I often get code written under windows or mac.  I have two questions. When I encounter a function which is not in R linux what is the best way to find the right linux function for it? So next time I can help myself. I browsed the web for a long time and could not find anything to the the function

It would be helpful if you could say exactly what the situation is in
which you get the error.  You refer to R linux and ask for linux
functions, which sounds as if you want an OS leve function call.
I think you mean that while in R you have some code that calls a
function, and the function is undefined.

> zip.unpack.
if that's the offending function, where did the code that invoked it
come from?