[R-sig-Debian] translation from windows to linux

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Wed May 11 01:08:42 CEST 2011

To answer the second question, under Debian, I have the following solution:

> apropos("zip")
[1] "unzip"            "zip"              "zip.file.extract"

'unzip' or 'zip.file.extract' should give you what you want.

To answer the first question, after many years of using R with Linux, it
is the first time I see an OS-specific function... I'm probably not the
best person to answer.

Mathieu.

Le 2011-05-10 19:02, Christoph Knapp a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I started recently to use R with linux(ubuntu) but I often get code written under windows or mac.  I have two questions. When I encounter a function which is not in R linux what is the best way to find the right linux function for it? So next time I can help myself. I browsed the web for a long time and could not find anything to the the function
>
> zip.unpack.
>
> Thats actually my second question. Does anyone know the right linux function to unzip zip archive in R linux.
>
> Thanks
>
> Christoph
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.