[R-sig-Debian] revolution-mkl package not functioning correctly with R 2.13

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jul 24 02:21:03 CEST 2011

On 21 July 2011 at 18:59, Michael Rutter wrote:
| It appears that the revoluton-mkl package, available via the multiverse
| Ubuntu repository with the purpose of adding multi-threaded numeric
| libraries to R, is not function correctly with R 2.13 (at least the
| version found on CRAN).  Testing with "R-benchmark-25.R" (found at

See r-devel today where Simon (regarding another matter) confirms that R
2.13.0 started to default to using Open MP --- and I understand MKL does too
(and you use eg the same env var to select number of threads etc) so I can
see this leading to a conflict.

Hope this helps,  Dirk

--
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com