[R-sig-Debian] Debian ?Ubuntu version of latest R using synaptic in Ubuntu 10.10

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Sat Jan 22 13:45:22 CET 2011

On 01/22/2011 01:50 AM, Ajay Ohri wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I use synaptic to download R on my Ubuntu 10.10. It seems latest version of
> R on Ubuntu is 2.11.1
>
> Even when I use debian.cran.r-project.org to update my packages the problem
> remains (latest versions on CRAN are almost always 2 updates ahead of Debian
> packages) This is also true for a lot of other packages as well
>
> My specific problem is while I can use sudo apt-get to update packages from
> Debian repository I get a permission denied when I am trying to update from
> CRAN from within R. I am a Linux newbie
>
> Please help
>
> Regards
>
> Ajay

Ajay,

Please make sure you have followed all the instructions listed here:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

If that does not solve the issue, please list the lines added to your
/etc/apt/sources.list file and what commands you used to upgrade R.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
Station Road