[R-sig-Debian] (no subject)

Christoph Knapp c.knapp at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 12 23:57:01 CET 2011

Hi Michael,
I'm not sure I did exactly what you told me. Here is what I did. Its still not working. did i miss something?

Thanks a lot anyway

Christoph

christoph at dell-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:marutter/c2d4u
[sudo] password for christoph:
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv C9A7585B49D51698710F3A115E25F516B04C661B
gpg: requesting key B04C661B from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key B04C661B: public key "Launchpad PPA for marutter" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)
christoph at dell-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get remove r-cran-rmpi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  r-cran-catools r-cran-gdata r-cran-gtools blcr-dkms r-cran-gmodels blcr-util
  dkms libvpx0 libopenmpi1.3 openmpi-checkpoint libcr0 libnuma1 openmpi-bin
  libibverbs1 mpi-default-bin r-cran-bitops openmpi-common r-cran-gplots
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  r-cran-rmpi
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 418kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 383303 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing r-cran-rmpi ...
christoph at dell-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install r-cran-rmpi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  r-cran-catools r-cran-gdata r-cran-gtools r-cran-gmodels libvpx0
  r-cran-bitops r-cran-gplots
  r-cran-rmpi
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/189kB of archives.
After this operation, 418kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package r-cran-rmpi.
(Reading database ... 383264 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking r-cran-rmpi (from .../r-cran-rmpi_0.5-8-1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up r-cran-rmpi (0.5-8-1) ...
christoph at dell-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get remove r-cran-snow
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  r-cran-catools r-cran-gdata r-cran-gtools r-cran-gmodels libvpx0
  r-cran-bitops r-cran-gplots
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  r-cran-snow
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 242kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
(Reading database ... 383303 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing r-cran-snow ...
christoph at dell-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install r-cran-snow
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  r-cran-catools r-cran-gdata r-cran-gtools r-cran-gmodels libvpx0
  r-cran-bitops r-cran-gplots
Suggested packages:
  r-cran-rpvm
  r-cran-snow
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/62.7kB of archives.
After this operation, 242kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package r-cran-snow.
(Reading database ... 383267 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking r-cran-snow (from .../r-cran-snow_1%3a0.3.4~20080824-1_all.deb) ...
Setting up r-cran-snow (1:0.3.4~20080824-1) ...
christoph at dell-desktop:~$ R

R version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(snow)
> library(Rmpi)
Error in library(Rmpi) :
  package ‘Rmpi’ does not have a NAMESPACE and should be re-installed