[R-sig-Debian] mgcv won't load

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at eku.edu
Fri Apr 22 21:40:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try and load mgcv:

> library(mgcv)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object '/usr/lib/R/library/Matrix/libs/Matrix.so':
  /usr/lib/R/library/Matrix/libs/Matrix.so: undefined symbol: R_check_class_and_super
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'mgcv'

I thought there might be a mismatch between packages from cran2deb,
install.packages() and the main R repos, so I purged my R installation
and rm-ed all the locally-installed packages and reinstalled, using only
the official R repos. Same errors.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,

Tyler
Debian Testing
R version 2.12.2 (2011-02-25)