[R-sig-Debian] Request for jags package to be added to CRAN Debian/Ubuntu archives

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 18 16:14:50 CEST 2011

May I request that Dirk's package for jags be added to the CRAN
archives for Debian and Ubuntu?

Installing the rjags package for R requires specific versions of jags
to be present on the system.  The current version of rjags requires
jags version 2.2.0 or later but the version on the Ubuntu archives at
Canonical (i.e. not the CRAN archives) is 2.1.0-2

I can always install Dirk's package on packages.debian.org but it
would be handy to have a version for Ubuntu.