[R-sig-Debian] Re : intall tcl/tk

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Sun Nov 21 11:52:52 CET 2010

David,

Has this been resolved properly, i.e. is your problem solved? In case not:

It seems that to me that tcl-dev and tk-dev were not present on the system
when R was compiled. Installing them afterwards would not bring tcl/tk
functionality, you would need to recompile afterwards.

Pre-built binaries of R itself (including tcl/tk), the recommended packages
and some extras are available for lenny on CRAN. Look for "R binaries", than
under "linux", then "debian".

Kind regards,

Johannes