[R-sig-Debian] intall tcl/tk

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 19 03:31:12 CET 2010

On 19 November 2010 at 01:09, Biau David wrote:
| I am trying to install a package (DiagnosisMed) on R (R version 2.10.1
| (2009-12-14)) on Debian Lenny (architecture i386).

Why do you want to install from source when pre-built binaries exist?
Please see http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/

| I get the following error message:
[...]
| I have intalled packages
| - tcl
| - tcl8.4
| - tk
| - tk8.4
|
| 1) I haven't figured out how to install the tcl/tk package.

You missed the point of installing -dev packages for compiling. See a) above
for an alternative.

| 2) is there a search option for the r-sig-archives; I couldn't find it.

Between

   Google
   Gmane.com search
   Mail-archive.com search
   R-Project.org search page

it should be possible to find something.