[R-sig-Debian] rjags in Ubuntu 10.04 (SOLVED)

ottorino ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Thu Nov 4 17:12:02 CET 2010

Il giorno gio, 04/11/2010 alle 10.36 -0400, Michael Rutter ha scritto:

> This is one instance where I always compile and install from source.  I
> know Dirk creates binaries for Ubuntu, but only for the latest version,
> and rjags is looking for version 2.1 of jags.  On a stock Ubuntu system,
> just download the tar file and follow the directions in the INSTALL
> file.  Should work with no problem.

The problem was that
> rjags is looking for version 2.1 of jags

In fact I downloaded
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/rjags/rjags_1.0.3-13.tar.gz
which is suitable for:

Depends: R (>= 2.7.0), coda (>= 0.13)
SystemRequirements: jags (>= 1.0.3)

then (within R)
install.packages("/home/ottorino/8jags/rjags_1.0.3-13.tar.gz",
repos = NULL)

and I'm back in business

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!

--
Ottorino-Luca Pantani, Università di Firenze
Dip.to di Scienze delle Produzioni Vegetali,