[R-sig-Debian] rjags in Ubuntu 10.04

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Nov 4 15:36:34 CET 2010

On 11/04/2010 10:27 AM, ottorino wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 04/11/2010 alle 10.16 -0400, Michael Rutter ha scritto:
>> I would first make sure you have the latest version of JAGS from
>> Martyn
>> Plummer's website (http://www-fis.iarc.fr/~martyn/software/jags/).
>
> One perplexity:
>
> since I'm on lucid Lynx
> which should I consider as the latest version ?
>
> 1.0.4-4 (lucid Lynx)
> or
> 2.1.0-2 ( maverick merkaat)
> or
> 2.1.0-2 (natty narvahl)

This is one instance where I always compile and install from source.  I
know Dirk creates binaries for Ubuntu, but only for the latest version,
and rjags is looking for version 2.1 of jags.  On a stock Ubuntu system,
just download the tar file and follow the directions in the INSTALL
file.  Should work with no problem.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College