[R-sig-Debian] Playwith on Mint

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 22 13:24:42 CET 2010

On 22 March 2010 at 09:35, Costas Vorlow wrote:
| I am having trouble installing the package playwith on the latest Mint
| "helena",
| running  R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14).
|
| I suspect it has to do with the GTK library but as far as I can tell there
| is nothing wrong with it.

As Liviu pointed out to you, "running" != "compiling against". You need -dev
packages for the latter.

Also:

| * installing *source* package "cairoDevice"  ...

You can make your live easier by relying on the prebuilt versions:

    $ sudo apt-get install r-cran-cairodevice

(or using aptitude or which frontend your prefer) as Mint should have it as
Debian/Ubuntu do.

Besides that, start trying to understand the error messages from configure.
"'foo' not found" is telling you to install foo.

Hth, Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!