[R-sig-Debian] R 2.11.0 for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on CRAN [solved]

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:21:38 CEST 2010

Thank you very much Christophe by your advice.

However, my situation was the opposite to yours, because I'm behind a
proxy but my sudo account couldn't see it, and when looked for the
proxy configuration of the sudo account with :

$ sudo printenv | grep proxy

the result was empty.

Finally, thanks to all the advice received in this thread, I could fix
the problem by editing the 'sudoers' file, and making the environment
variables related to the proxy (http_proxy, https_proxy, ftp_proxy)
were preserved for the sudo account, as described here:

http://blog.troyastle.com/2009/11/proxy-environment-variables-and-sudo-in.html

using 'gedit' instead of 'visudo', as described here:

http://bapoumba.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/edit-etcsudoers-with-gedit-in-ubuntu-hardy-heron/

I put the 'R-sig-Debian' list in cc just in case this may be useful
for somebody else

Thank you very much to you all.

Kind regards,

Mauricio