[R-sig-Debian] R 2.11.0 for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on CRAN

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:56:17 CEST 2010

Thanks Michael for your answer.

The problem is just there: when I use the sudo account, I got the
following error message:

    update.packages()

--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://cran.rakanu.com/src/contrib
Warning message:
In open.connection(con, "r") :
  unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.

But when I use my normal user account (within the same terminal form
which I run sudo), I can update the packages, but creating a new
version of the packages library within my user account.

So I think the problem is not the Internet/proxy configuration of my
PC, but something else that it is very strange for me.

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio