[R-sig-Debian] building rpy against lenny-cran

owzar001 owzar001 at duke.edu
Tue Jun 1 14:50:14 CEST 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 00:58:30 +0200
> From: Johannes Ranke <jranke at uni-bremen.de>
> To: r-sig-debian at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R-sig-Debian] building rpy against lenny-cran
>
> Hi Kouros,
>
> I can not tell you why building rpy on amd64 did not work in your case.
> Anyway, I have reincluded rpy into the list of supported packages for
> the factory fresh backport of R 2.11.1 to lenny. The packages should arrive at
> CRAN tomorrow.

Hi Johannes.

I hope that you are well (I thought about you two weeks ago as I was
driving  past Cedar Cliff enroute to my parents).

I was able to build the rpy package against lenny-cran thanks to two
suggestions by Dirk (documented in my reply to Dirk).

Thanks for contributing rpy deb packages to CRAN. These will be very
helpful.

Take care, Kouros