[R-sig-Debian] R 2.11.0 for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on CRAN

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:25:05 CEST 2010

On 06/01/2010 07:05 AM, Carlos J. Gil Bellosta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What runs underneath is the download.file() function.
>
> Can you download a file with it? For instance, I can do
>
> download.file( "http://www.google.com/index.html", "index.html" )
>
> Can you?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Carlos J. Gil Bellosta
> http://www.datanalytics.com
>

> 2010/6/1 Mauricio Zambrano<hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com>:
>> 2010/6/1 Carlos J. Gil Bellosta<cgb at datanalytics.com>:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Did you try an alternative CRAN mirror?
>>
>> Yes, I have tried some of Spain, UK and Italy, but I still get the
>> same error message....
>>
>> Kinds
>>
>> Mauricio

Mauricio,

I was successfully able to use 'update.packages' using mirrors in both
Spain and the UK, so I can't replicate the problem right now.  I do
recall having a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, but the problem
fixed itself within a couple of hours.  I just assumed that the mirror I
was using was having some downtime.

Are you updating packages under your username or sudo?  I think Carlos
is on the correct track in that the account or session you are using
doesn't have access to the internet for some reason.  Have you rebooted
your machine lately?  That may fix a problem another update created.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College