[R-sig-Debian] "Graphics history" in UNIX --> "R" in Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jul 11 18:41:35 CEST 2010

On 11 July 2010 at 17:21, (Ted Harding) wrote:
| I have felt for some time that there is a place for an R SIG on
| Linux generally -- e.g. "r-sig-linux". Linux is not what it used
| to be, and the diverse variety of Linux distributions now available
| raises many questions about which distribution may be best for what.
[...]
| So, since this is a SIG and since at least one reader should know
| the answer, let me at least ask the question: How should I set up
| an R Linux SIG?

Via an email to Martin Maechler who is grandmaster and chief of all things R
and mailing lists at ETH Zuerich.

One commonly has to offer to be the admin for the list.

If you do what I do with the few lists I look after / started and and simply
ignore all the bounces, spam, clueless users, ... emailing the ...-owner
account then it isn't too much work at all.

--
  Regards, Dirk