[R-sig-Debian] "Graphics history" in UNIX --> "R" in Ubuntu for students in applied sciences

denis brion dbrion1 at yahoo.fr
Sun Jul 11 17:10:32 CEST 2010

I quite agree that , in a tolerant world,
*****
Windows (just reread the thread)
*****
comparisons do not arouse reactions (did they???)
But why is the evocation of Centos 5.5 (released this year) or Mandriva 10.1 RC2 (the final release was yesterday) treated as "old"/"unnamed"???

And, in both these distributions (which are(resp  likely will be : else, why RCs are tested?)  used for work), R should be compiled from sources -and dependencies , too : they are too sparse);;;

two lines of scripts instead of 100000 lines of nitpicking or the infamous 1600$ argument (I remember.....!)
But are we in a fair, tolerant world ????