[R-sig-Debian] stable, testing, and backports

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 26 08:25:08 CET 2010

The cran2deb archives target testing.
I just pulled a package from them onto a stable system; the library
loaded but said
> library(akima)
Warning message:
package 'akima' was built under R version 2.10.0

Are this and other packages likely to work correctly with different R's
(2.7 in the case of stable)?

How well are they likely to work with a backported R?  The R version
would then match, but I assume some of the associated libraries might be
off.

Ross Boylan

P.S. I see the mspath package I just uploaded is already in cran2deb.
Cool, and thanks to Dirk, Charles Blundell, Google, and others who made
this possible.