[R-sig-Debian] Simple question from a simple(minded) user: where to go cran2deb or .../debian lenny-cran/

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Feb 26 03:18:31 CET 2010

On 24 February 2010 at 09:27, Petar Milin wrote:
| Hello ALL!
| I just put fresh Debian testing on my new laptop. A while ago I have
| used it, but in meantime I used Ubuntu. Now, I wonder should I go for:
| http://debian.cran.r-project.org/cran2deb/debian-amd64/

That gives CRAN packages in .deb format for Debian testing.

| or simply:
| deb http://<favorite-cran-mirror>/bin/linux/debian lenny-cran/

That is different. It is for R itself, and a number of manually maintained
packages.

| and then simply using something like:
| apt-get -t unstable install r-base r-base-dev
|
| Question is which should be prefered? And, is there an option for:
| apt-get -t testing install r-base r-base-dev
|
| cran2deb offers exactly testing, as far as I undersood.

These are two different things. You can use either, both or neither. If this
is unclear, please ask again stating excactly what you are looking for.

Thanks, Dirk

| Thanks in advance,
| PM

  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!