[R-sig-Debian] Graphics Device; locator function

Judson judson0423 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 21:04:47 CEST 2009

Hi, haven't been here for a while, but everyone one was always so
helpful I thought I would ask you another really basic question.

I'm running R2.9.1 in Ubuntu8.04 on a netbook (maxed out on memory etc
so I don't think that's a problem - wth it's a Dell Mini 9" with that
lpia non-architecture you told me about).

Anyway, some of the graphics functions/parameters are causing
unresolved computation.  Wasn't sure what to do but I've noticed that
closing the graphics device causes the R routine to stop at least.

The most recent example is the locator function (but may have caused
the same thing a day or two ago with abline

I did a help lookup on "locator" and the response tells me that
"locator is supported only on devices such as 'X11', 'windows', and
'quartz'".

My device is "R Graphics: Device 2" which gives me no way to "right
click", etc. for Properties.

I failed to tell you that I'm running R in Emacs 22 (X11) in the ESS
Buffer.  I'm not very good at it but I'm trying.  Thanks for your
thoughts.

Judson