[R-sig-Debian] problems with Rcmdr on R-2.10.0 with Karmic Koala

denis brion dbrion1 at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 29 17:04:46 CET 2009

I do not know whether this remark might be confusing, but giving a value to R_LIBS (ie something like that :
R_LIBS=/usr/local/lib/R/library:/usr/lib/R/library /usr/bin/R --vanilla #a
or
R_LIBS=/usr/lib/R/library:/usr/local/lib/R/library /usr/local/bin/R --vanilla #b
might swap the libraries of two Rs :
in the #a case, the standard R would have access to libraries for a tested R -put in /usr/local-
 and , in the case #b the tested R -compiled - would have access to libraries in an "official" place)
might give better control on the order libraries are accessed (else, ordinary users could not test new packages/libraries, in order to ignore them or recommand to their sys-admins.).