[R-sig-Debian] Conflict Between R and multimedia repositories

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 20:31:52 CET 2009

?

> Let me recap
>
>      i)   without Debian multimedia it works
>      ii)  with Debian multimedia it does not work
>
> and you think the R site is to blame? Why?

No, it is not this simple
iii) without the R repositories, the multimedia repositories (and
everything else) works fine.

> Notice how you miss the trailing / at the multimedia URL.  I haven't used
> that site in a while -- maybe you need a / ?  My laptop has the following

Allegedly not, at least if I follow http://debian-multimedia.org/ where I read

For squeeze (testing) alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mipsel,
powerpc and sparc packages
add in your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main
or
deb ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main
or
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org testing main or
deb ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org testing main

Unless there is something really broken in my apt, but I cannot understand how.

Lorenzo