[R-sig-Debian] lam vs. openmpi

Erin Hodgess erinm.hodgess at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:02:32 CEST 2009

Dear R Debian Users:

I wrote a quick C program (eventually to become R code) and compiled it as:

mpicc -o greet greet.c

So far so good.  Now when I run mpirun, this happens:

erin at erin-laptop:~$ mpirun -np 2 greet
It seems that there is no lamd running on the host erin-laptop.

This indicates that the LAM/MPI runtime environment is not operating.
The LAM/MPI runtime environment is necessary for the "mpirun" command.

Please run the "lamboot" command the start the LAM/MPI runtime
environment.  See the LAM/MPI documentation for how to invoke
"lamboot" across multiple machines.

I have both lam and openmpi installed on my Ubuntu 9.04.  What should
I do to eliminate the lam issue, please?

thanks,
Erin

--
Erin Hodgess