[R-sig-Debian] build dependencies was Re: [R] problem with rgl package

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed May 20 03:41:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

A bit late to the party, here. I added the following to the Ubuntu
README in the SUPPORTED PACKAGES section:

The other r-cran-* packages are updated with Ubuntu releases only.
Users who need to update (by recompiling) one of these R packages (say
package foo with the Ubuntu name r-cran-foo) should first make sure to
obtain all the required build dependencies with

    sudo apt-get build-dep r-cran-foo
I wouldn't want to enter into more details on how to (re)compile an
Ubuntu package. I hope this will be enough for most users and
situations.

Thank you for the excellent suggestions (I think it was originally
from Jay).

Best,

Vincent

--