[R-sig-Debian] I simply cannot install R on Ubuntu. I don't know why.

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Fri May 15 21:53:37 CEST 2009

Judson,

Two questions:

1)  What line did you add to sources.list to get access to R 2.9?
Sometimes the mirrors are slow to populate, and if only half the files
are available you will get a message similar to the one you have.  If
you get the same message in 12 hours, this is likely not the cause.

2) When in synaptic, go to the "r-base" entry.  There are two version
numbers, one for the installed version and one for the latest version.
 What are those version numbers?

That will help figure out the problem.

Michael